Opening Statement of Marie L. Yovanovitch
to the House of Representatives
Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence, Committee on Foreign Affairs,
and Committee on Oversight and Reform
October 11, 2019
Thank you for the opportunity to start with this statement today.
For the last 33 years, it has been my great honor to serve the American people as a Foreign Service Officer, over six Administrations—four Republican, and two Democratic. I have served in seven different countries, five of them hardship posts, and was appointed to serve as an ambassador three times—twice by a Republican President, and once by a Democrat. Throughout my career, I have stayed true to the oath that Foreign Service Officers take and observe every day: “that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;” and “that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.” Like all foreign service officers with whom I have been privileged to serve, I have understood that oath as a commitment to serve on a strictly nonpartisan basis, to advance the foreign policy determined by the incumbent President, and to work at all times to strengthen our national security and promote our national interests.
Read and download the entire statement here.
First Stop on the Road to Impeachment
The Whistleblower's Report
Download and read it here.
The countdown begins; the presidential primaries will soon be upon us! From now to Iowa on February 3, Arizona on March 17, and finishing up in Washington D.C. on June 16.
Go to 2020 Primary Schedule
Go to 2020 Democratic Debate Schedule
Presidential Preference Election
March 17, 2020
148 Days 2 Hours 50 Minutes
● Congratulations to Maria Luna-Wolfe for her election as Second Vice Chair of MCDCC at our October meeting in Lake Havasu City. She will be representing the Voter Registration and Precinct Participation Committee on our executive board. Maria is a dedicated Democrat who has been involved with the Mohave County Democrats for the last six years following her prior work with the Democratic party in Denton, Texas. We are grateful for her service and look forward to benefiting from her expertise.
● Fired up and ready to go out and make our neighbors take notice that there is a powerful political presence of Democrats in Mohave County, we held elections Wednesday evening, August 21, in Bullhead City. Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson, Donna Lindsey, and Karen Moscato, our newest elected leaders here at MCDCC. Mary will serve as County Chair, Donna takes over the First Vice Chair slot, while Karen will head up the Bullhead City District 2 as District Chair. They are a dynamic addition to our team that will help to put the dire urgency of the upcoming 2020 election in sharp focus.
● All of us at Mohave County Democrats are volunteers. If you are visiting our page for the first time or as a frequent guest, you're welcome to join us. This election cycle, 2019—2020, is shaping up to be probably the most consequential in our lifetimes. Any registered Democrat in Mohave County who wants to play an active role in electing Democrats in 2020 can sign up. Call us at 928-753-0006 or click Contact and send us a messsge.
● The April 2019 Mohave County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) meeting was held at Casa Serrano in Lake Havasu. The Precinct Committee Persons (PC's) approved and voted in favor of the"1st Stage" in the Arizona Democratic Party's (ADP) Strategic Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Plan!
● Congratulations to Heather Patenaude (District 1 PC) and Bill Case (District 2 PC) for completing the Arizona Democratic Party Train the Trainers training! They are now part of the fierce team of MCDCC PC trainers!
● At the MCDCC February 20 meeting in Bullhead City J'aime Morgaine was elected to the position of MCDCC Second Vice-Chair to replace Rob Lindsey. She will take on the role of overseeong voter registration and precinct participatoin for the Mohave County Democrats. J'aime is a Precinct Committee Person for the Kingman East Precinct 218.
● Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson! Mary was elected to the leadership of the the Arizona Democratic Party as Senior Vice Chair on Saturday, January 26, at the party's State Committee Meeting in Phoenix. We are fortunate to have Mary currently serving locally as a Precinct Committee Person in precinct 218, Kingman East, and the Vice Chair of the Mohave County Democrats.
● Kudos to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for showing great aplomb and skillful leadership in this time of national crisis. Her palpable presence will be noticeably felt as the House begins holding hearings on the Republican administration's botching of the honorable and constitutional governance America deserves.
● There is no doubt that a blue wave swept across America in November of last year. We know that we definitely made inroads into the governance of Arizona, but many have wondered if our success was more than that. Now we have evidence that there was a distinct shift to the left in our statewide election results. Seth Harris, director of the Mohave County coordinated campaign, has released an analysis of the 2018 election returns. It shows that there was a net shift statewide in the votes for Democratic candidates of 5.5% with Mohave County coming in at 10.6%. Thanks to everyone for all your dedication and tireless work. It has definitely paid off.
MCDCC Executive Committee
Here are all 448 pages
of Mueller's report
in a searchable pdf:
The Mueller Report