● The April 2019 Mohave County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) meeting was held at Casa Serrano in Lake Havasu. The Precinct Committee Persons (PC's) approved and voted in favor of the"1st Stage" in the Arizona Democratic Party's (ADP) Strategic Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Plan!
● Congratulations to Heather Patenaude (District 1 PC) and Bill Case (District 2 PC) for completing the Arizona Democratic Party Train the Trainers training! They are now part of the fierce team of MCDCC PC trainers!
● At the MCDCC February 20 meeting in Bullhead City J'aime Morgaine was elected to the position of MCDCC Second Vice-Chair to replace Rob Lindsey. She will take on the role of overseeong voter registration and precinct participatoin for the Mohave County Democrats. J'aime is a Precinct Committee Person for the Kingman East Precinct 218.
● Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson! Mary was elected to the leadership of the the Arizona Democratic Party as Senior Vice Chair on Saturday, January 26, at the party's State Committee Meeting in Phoenix. We are fortunate to have Mary currently serving locally as a Precinct Committee Person in precinct 218, Kingman East, and the Vice Chair of the Mohave County Democrats.
● Kudos to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for showing great aplomb and skillful leadership in this time of national crisis. Her palpable presence will be noticeably felt as the House begins holding hearings on the Republican administration's botching of the honorable and constitutional governance America deserves.
● There is no doubt that a blue wave swept across America in November of last year. We know that we definitely made inroads into the governance of Arizona, but many have wondered if our success was more than that. Now we have evidence that there was a distinct shift to the left in our statewide election results. Seth Harris, director of the Mohave County coordinated campaign, has released an analysis of the 2018 election returns. It shows that there was a net shift statewide in the votes for Democratic candidates of 5.5% with Mohave County coming in at 10.6%. Thanks to everyone for all your dedication and tireless work. It has definitely paid off.
MCDCC Executive Committee
Stand and Speak
From Our Platform
Democrats believe clean air and clean water are basic rights of all Americans. Yet as we saw in Flint, Michigan, low-income communities and communities of color are disproportionately home to environmental justice "hot spots," where air pollution, water pollution, and toxic hazards like lead increase health and economic hardship. The impacts of climate change will also disproportionately affect low-income and minority communities, tribal nations, and Alaska Native villages—all of which suffer the worst losses during extreme weather and have the fewest resources to prepare. Simply put, this is environmental racism.
Democrats believe we must make it a national priority to eradicate lead poisoning, which disproportionately impacts low -income children and children of color and can lead to lifelong health and educational challenges. We will prioritize hiring and training workers from affected communities to clean up toxic brownfields and expand clean energy, energy efficiency, and resilient infrastructure.
from page 25
ADP Senior Vice Chair Mary McCord Robinson and MCDCC Secretary Heather Patenaude share a selfie with Representative Gabby Giffords and senate candidate Mark Kelly at Saturday's meeting of the Arizona Democatic Party State Committee
"Don't miss another election! Sign up to be on the Permanent Early Voting List & receive an early ballot for every election you are qualified to vote in! You can vote in the comfort & convenience of your own home—no traveling to your polling location or waiting in line!" — Mohave County Voter Registration
Lest We Forget!
We the People of the United States,
● in Order to form a more perfect Union,
● establish Justice,
● insure domestic Tranquility,
● provide for the common defence,
● promote the general Welfare,
● and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ,
do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.