● All of us at Mohave County Democrats are volunteers. If you are visiting our page for the first time or as a frequent guest, you're welcome to join us. This election cycle, 2019—2020, is shaping up to be probably the most consequential in our lifetimes. Any registered Democrat in Mohave County who wants to play an active role in electing Democrats in 2020 can sign up. Call us at 928-753-0006 or click Contact and send us a messsge.
● The April 2019 Mohave County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) meeting was held at Casa Serrano in Lake Havasu. The Precinct Committee Persons (PC's) approved and voted in favor of the"1st Stage" in the Arizona Democratic Party's (ADP) Strategic Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Plan!
● Congratulations to Heather Patenaude (District 1 PC) and Bill Case (District 2 PC) for completing the Arizona Democratic Party Train the Trainers training! They are now part of the fierce team of MCDCC PC trainers!
● At the MCDCC February 20 meeting in Bullhead City J'aime Morgaine was elected to the position of MCDCC Second Vice-Chair to replace Rob Lindsey. She will take on the role of overseeong voter registration and precinct participatoin for the Mohave County Democrats. J'aime is a Precinct Committee Person for the Kingman East Precinct 218.
● Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson! Mary was elected to the leadership of the the Arizona Democratic Party as Senior Vice Chair on Saturday, January 26, at the party's State Committee Meeting in Phoenix. We are fortunate to have Mary currently serving locally as a Precinct Committee Person in precinct 218, Kingman East, and the Vice Chair of the Mohave County Democrats.
● Kudos to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for showing great aplomb and skillful leadership in this time of national crisis. Her palpable presence will be noticeably felt as the House begins holding hearings on the Republican administration's botching of the honorable and constitutional governance America deserves.
● There is no doubt that a blue wave swept across America in November of last year. We know that we definitely made inroads into the governance of Arizona, but many have wondered if our success was more than that. Now we have evidence that there was a distinct shift to the left in our statewide election results. Seth Harris, director of the Mohave County coordinated campaign, has released an analysis of the 2018 election returns. It shows that there was a net shift statewide in the votes for Democratic candidates of 5.5% with Mohave County coming in at 10.6%. Thanks to everyone for all your dedication and tireless work. It has definitely paid off.
MCDCC Executive Committee
The Mueller Report
On June 14, 2017, the media reported that the Special Counsel's Office was investigating whether the President had obstructed justice. Press reports called this "a major turning point" in the investigation: while Corney had told the President he was not under investigation, following Corney's firing, the President now was under investigation. The President reacted to this news with a series of tweets criticizing the Department of Justice and the Special Counse's investigation. On June 17, 2017, the President called McGahn at home and directed him to call the Acting Attorney General and say that the Special Counsel had conflicts of interest and must be removed. McGahn did not carry out the direction, however, deciding that he would resign rather than trigger what he regarded as a potential Saturday Night Massacre.
In the summer of 2017, the President learned that media outlets were asking questions about the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between senior campaign officials, including Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer who was said to be offering damaging information about Hillary Clinton as "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." On several occasions, the President directed aides not to publicly disclose the emails setting up the June 9 meeting, suggesting that the emails would not leak and that the number of lawyers with access to them should be limited. Before the emails became public, the President edited a press statement for Trump Jr. by deleting a line that acknowledged that the meeting was with "an individual who [Trump Jr.] was told might have information helpful to the campaign" and instead said only that the meeting was about adoptions of Russian children. When the press asked questions about the President's involvement in Trump Jr.' s statement, the President's personal lawyer repeatedly denied the President had played any role.
Download and read the The Mueller Report
"Don't miss another election! Sign up to be on the Permanent Early Voting List & receive an early ballot for every election you are qualified to vote in! You can vote in the comfort & convenience of your own home—no traveling to your polling location or waiting in line!" — Mohave County Voter Registration
Lest We Forget!
We the People of the United States,
● in Order to form a more perfect Union,
● establish Justice,
● insure domestic Tranquility,
● provide for the common defence,
● promote the general Welfare,
● and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ,
do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.