Don't Get Complacent!
Kerp the Wave Going
Plan to Attend
MCDCC's Blue Wave Dinner
February 23, 2019
$40.00 per Person
Reserve Your Tickets Now
About African American History Month
The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in paying tribute to the generations of African Americans who struggled with adversity to achieve full citizenship in American society.
● Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson! Mary was elected to the leadership of the the Arizona Democratic Party as Senior Vice Chair on Saturday, January 26, at the party's State Committee Meeting in Phoenix. We are fortunate to have Mary currently serving locally as a Precinct Committee Person in precinct 218, Kingman East, and the Vice Chair of the Mohave County Democrats.
● Kudos to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for showing great aplomb and skillful leadership in this time of national crisis. Her palpable presence will be noticeably felt as the House begins holding hearings on the Republican administration's botching of the honorable and constitutional governance America deserves.
● There is no doubt that a blue wave swept across America in November of last year. We know that we definitely made inroads into the governance of Arizona, but many have wondered if our success was more than that. Now we have evidence that there was a distinct shift to the left in our statewide election results. Seth Harris, director of the Mohave County coordinated campaign, has released an analysis of the 2018 election returns. It shows that there was a net shift statewide in the votes for Democratic candidates of 5.5% with Mohave County coming in at 10.6%. Thanks to everyone for all your dedication and tireless work. It has definitely paid off.
● In the spirit of maintaining the blue wave in Mohave County we will be featuring Kelly Fryer as the keynote speaker at our Blue Wave Dinner at the Chaparral Country Club in Bullhead City on February 23. Kelly ran a dynamic campaign for governor in 2018. She toured the entire state bringing a powerful and well thought out message of how to govern Arizona. She has not let up, and will be here to renew her vision for our state.
MCDCC Executive Committee
Stand and Speak
From Our Platform
Climate change is an urgent threat and a defining challenge of our time. Fifteen of the 16 hottest years on record have occurred this century. While Donald Trump has called climate change a "hoax," 2016 is on track to break global temperature records once more. Cities from Miami to Baltimore are already threatened by rising seas. California and the West have suffered years of brutal drought. Alaska has been scorched by wildfire. New York has been battered by superstorms, and Texas swamped by flash floods. The best science tells us that without ambitious, immediate action across our economy to cut carbon pollution and other greenhouse gases, all of these impacts will be far worse in the future. We cannot leave our children a planet that has been profoundly damaged.
Democrats share a deep commitment to tackling the climate challenge; creating millions of good-paying middle class jobs; reducing greenhouse gas emissions more than 80 percent below 2005 levels by 2050; and meeting the pledge President Obama put forward in the landmark Paris Agreement, which aims to keep global temperature increases to "well below" two degrees Celsius and to pursue efforts to limit global temperature increases to 1.5 degrees Celsius. We believe America must be running entirely on clean energy by mid-century. We will take bold steps to slash carbon pollution and protect clean air at home, lead the fight against climate change around the world, ensure no Americans are left out or left behind as we accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy, and be responsible stewards of our natural resources and our public lands and waters. Democrats reject the notion that we have to choose between protecting our planet and creating good-paying jobs. We can and we will do both.
from page 24
Cleaning up our Adopt-a-Block on Beale Street as our Martin Luther King Day community service project.
"Don't miss another election! Sign up to be on the Permanent Early Voting List & receive an early ballot for every election you are qualified to vote in! You can vote in the comfort & convenience of your own home—no traveling to your polling location or waiting in line!" — Mohave County Voter Registration
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!
What a great event the Lincoln-Obama dinner was last Saturday night in Lake Havasu. We had ticket sales for 101 people, the food was great as were the servers and cook. The room was awesome and the Gateway Band was wonderful.
A great big out-of-this-world thank you to the MCDCC events committee: Danny, Ginny, Deni and Marianne, and to the officers and people of the Lake Havasu Democratic Association; and to our speakers, Carol Comito and Dr. David Brill. Another thank you to the District for the raffle prizes — what a wonderful, awesome job by all!
And then there was the band, "Gateway Band" — weren't they just wonderful? I, personally, loved the "special" song they did for us. We are going to try to book them for our annual picnic!
As soon as Danny Baker finalizes the event's records,we will report the results to you.
From my heart and from my heart full of pride in you all, as chair of MCDCC — thank you!
Lest We Forget!
We the People of the United States,
● in Order to form a more perfect Union,
● establish Justice,
● insure domestic Tranquility,
● provide for the common defence,
● promote the general Welfare,
● and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ,
do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.